- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8
Your family will go nuts for Nutty Cookies which are so easy to make.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Cream butter with sugar. Add egg yolk and flour. Spread batter in a jelly roll pan. Batter will be stiff. Brush top with beaten egg whites.
- Sprinkle top with chopped nuts and press into the dough. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Do not brown.
- Cut into 2 inch strips as soon as they are taken out of the oven, then into cookie size pieces.