- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 16 People
These delicious squares should be served with tall glasses of milk, as they are quite rich.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup syrup
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pecan nut halves, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a square baking dish with waxed paper.
- Beat eggs, vanilla and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together chopped nuts and flour; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and syrup to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in chocolate and butter.
- Add egg mixture and pecan nut mixture.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. Allow to cool at least for 10 minutes before pressing pecan nut halves into tops.