- Prep: 12 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 12 hr 40 min
- Serving: 12
Norwegian Poor Man's Biscuits are deep fried.
- 10 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 6 cups flour
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar. Add whipped cream, brandy and spices. Sift in flour. Chill dough overnight.
- Roll out dough paper thin and cut into strips with a pastry cutter. Deep fry in hot vegetable oil until golden.