- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 24 min
- Total: 44 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A tapenade is a French sauce made from a mix of finely chopped anchovies, olive oil, capers and spices. It can be used as a sauce or as a spread for crackers and bread.
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound halibut steak or fillet, 1 inch thick
- For the Tapenade Sauce:
- 1 orange
- 3/4 cup oil cured black olives, pitted
- 1 can anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the grill on medium-high heat.
- Zest the orange and then squeeze out juice into a bowl.
- Finely chop the orange zest with the olives, anchovies, garlic, parsley leaves and rosemary and place into bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, capers and the juice. Grind in some black pepper and stir to blend.
- Cook linguine as directed on package; drain pasta and toss with half of the orange tapenade sauce. Set aside.
- Grill the halibut for 4 minutes on each side, turning once. Remove the fish from the grill and let rest for a few minutes until thinly slicing.
- Place noodles on a serving dish and top with the fish. Spoon the remaining tapenade over fish and noodles.