- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 10 Servings
This punch is made with pears, cranberries, vanilla and hot cider, giving it intense flavor and beautiful presentation.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 pears, chopped into bite-size pieces, divided
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Place the water, sugar, ginger and 1 pear into a large pan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Strain the mixture to remove the solids and place the liquid back into the pan.
- Stir in the remaining pears and the cider, lemon and allspice. Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the cranberries and the vanilla and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer the liquid for an additional 10 minutes and then serve in mugs.