- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 12
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 1/2 oz. chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 32 oz. frozen hash brown cubes, Southern style
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup nacho flavored taco chips, finely crushed
- Spray 4 to 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bow, combine soup, sour cream, chilies and cheese; mix well.
- Arrange half of potatoes in sprayed slow cooker.
- Top with half of sour cream mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining potatoes and sour cream mixture; spread evenly.
- Cover; cook on high setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle top with onions and chips.
- Make ahead tip: Cook the potatoes ahead; keep them warm on low setting for up to 2 hours.
- Add the chips just before serving.
- Note: Southern-style hash browns are cubed; country-style hash browns are shredded.
- This recipe calls for cubed, but both styles work well.