- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
No need to heat up the kitchen for this luscious creamy pie.
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (9 inch) prebaked pie shell
- In a large bowl, stir the flour with 2 tablespoons of soymilk until flour is completely dissolved.
- Add vanilla, eggs and sugar, whisking until blended. Set aside.
- Pour remaining milk into a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add hot milk to bowl, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and pour contents of bowl back into saucepan.
- Whisk mixture until it has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a clean bowl. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Place plastic wrap directly on custard and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour into prebaked pie shell and serve.