- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Sexy, stylish and robust, the New York City cocktail captures all of the edgy and intense character of the city in this flavorful blend.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grenadine
- Orange peel twist to garnish
- Pre-chill a cocktail glass by placing it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the orange twist, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the orange zest twist and then serve immediately.