- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 12
Never Fail Pound Cake is easy to make and will become a family favorite.
- 1/3 cup Crisco
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (add to milk)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, scant
- Cream butter and Crisco; add sugar and mix well. Add flour, alternating with flavored milk. Start with flour and end with flour.
- Pour batter into tube pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool 20 minutes in pan.