- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
Never Fail Frosting is vanilla flavored and very versatile. Sprinkle with coconut if desired.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- Combine first 3 ingredients with 7 tablespoons water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat. Pour syrup slowly into egg whites in mixer bowl, beating constantly at high speed.
- Reduce speed; add vanilla and continue beating until of spreading consistency. Sprinkle frosted cake with coconut.