- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr 15 min
- Total: 5 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A creamy bean, vegetable and bacon slow cooked soup.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, divided
- 1 carrot, halved and sliced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans navy beans with liquid
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Fry the bacon in a skillet. Drain. Crumble, reserving 2 slices worth of crumbles for topping.
- Mix together the bacon, carrot, beans, celery, onion, broth, seasoning and 1 cup of water in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 5-6 hours on low.
- Spoon two cups of the soup into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Return to the slow cooker and stir in the soup. Cook on high for 10-15 minutes.