- Prep: 3 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups of dip
A blend of cashews, dates, maple syrup and vanilla creates a smooth and creamy sauce that resembles caramel. Serve as a dip with slices of fresh apple or the fruit(s) of your choice.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (about 8 to 10 dates)
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- Put the cashews and dates into separate bowls and cover each with water. Let the nuts and dates soak at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and the dates, saving the water from the dates, and then place into a food processor or a blender. Add the maple syrup, vanilla and salt to the processor, along with 8 tablespoons of the reserved date water. Process the mixture until smooth and creamy and then transfer to a bowl and serve.