- Prep: 3 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Here's the secret ingredient in Mystery Blueberry Pie: Cream!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pie crust, baked
- Bake pie crust and let cool.
- Mash I cup of blueberries. In a 2 quart saucepan stir sugar and cornstarch together. Gradually stir in water until smooth.
- Stir in mashed blueberries and lemon rind.
- Over medium hear stirring constantly cook until thickened and boiling. Boil 1 minute. Turn into a bowl, cover and let cool.
- Fold in remaining blueberries. Whip cream and add sugar to taste.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups whipped cream on the bottom and sides of the pie shell.
- Fill with blueberry mixture. Garnish with the rest of the cream.
- Chill for 3 hours.