- Prep: 2 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 2 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6
Mustard Ring is a flavorful condiment that goes great with ham or lamb.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Beat eggs in top of double boiler, no heat. Mix sugar, gelatin, mustard, tumeric and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add water and vinegar to eggs and stir in sugar mixture. Cook over boiling water until slightly thickened. Stir often.
- Cool in refrigerator until partially set. Fold in whip cream and pour into a 1 1/2 quart mold. Chill until firm.