- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
Salmon is the customary recipient of most dill and mustard-based sauces due to its natural affinity for the two ingredients, however, try spooning this sauce over grilled poultry; it pairs just as well.
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus whole sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- Put the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended. Serve immediately.