- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve these tender chicken cutlets in mustard and tarragon sauce with a side of fingerling potatoes and wax beans.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and swirl so it coats the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and freshly ground pepper, and then place in the pan with the hot oil. Sear the chicken on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes, and then transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the wine and scraping up any browned bits with a spoon, then add the water, mustard, and any chicken juices that have accumulated on platter, and whisk to blend.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.