- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 2-4 people
Looking for a special appetizer or a light meal? Mussels in White Wine Sauce is easy to make and is great served with toasted and buttered bread, or used to top a plain pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups dry white wine
- 2-1/4 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a large pan over high heat, add the butter. Once the butter begins to foam, add the wine and garlic and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Tap any opened mussels to see if they close. If they do not close, discard them. Add the mussels to the pan with the wine. Cover them with a tight fitting lid and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Shake the pan often while the mussels cook.
- Once cooked, all the mussels should be opened. Discard any that are closed. Strain the mussels and their liquid. Transfer the mussels to a large serving bowl.
- Pour the strained liquid into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Season well and stir in the parsley. Pour the liquid over the mussels and serve hot.