- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
The earthly flavor of the mushrooms is complimented by the addition of dry white wine. Use cremini, white or brown button mushrooms.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 pound mushrooms, wiped clean and stems trimmed, do not rinse
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil once the pan is hot, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic, stirring constantly, and sauté for 2-1/2 minutes. Remove garlic from the pan and discard.
- Add the mushrooms, toss to coat with the oil and then cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Flip each mushroom and cook until all of the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated, then pour in the wine and cook, stirring constantly, until the wine has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle with the parsley, a few pinches of salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Toss to coat and then serve immediately.