- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 4
Enjoy the earthy flavor of fresh mushrooms any time with this wonderful Mushroom Soup.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound 9 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tablespoons dry white wine or sherry
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large frying pan, melt 1/2 of the butter, add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a sauce pan, heat the rest of the oil with onion and shallots for 2-3 minutes. Add flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, stock, and 3/4 of mushrooms. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool soup a bit then mix in a blender till smooth. Return puree to saucepan with remaining mushroom, cream, and parsley.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve with sour cream