- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6-8
Mushroom Puffs are served hot and for a hearty change use cocktail ryes instead of white bread.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- cocktail rye bread slices
- 1 teaspoon butter plus extra for spreading on bread slices
- Saute mushrooms in 1 teaspoon butter. Drain liquid. Mix with cream cheese and add Tabasco sauce. Butter each slice of bread.
- Spread mushroom mixture on bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Serve warm