- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
A great dish for the picky eater, Mushroom Potato Casserole is the ultimate comfort food.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool to touch. Peel and cut into 1/2 inch slices; set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in butter in a large skillet until tender; set aside.
- Combine soup, milk and onion in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole; top with mushrooms reserving 1/2 cup. Spoon soup mixture over mushrooms. Top with cheese and paprika. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Garnish with reserved mushrooms.