- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 6
A classic favorite Mushroom Meatloaf needs only a side of creamy mashed potatoes.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly 1/2 cup of the soup, beef, bread crumbs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, egg and pepper.
- In a 9 by 13 inch pan, firmly shape meat into a 8 by 4 inch loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours or until done. Spoon off fat, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In 1 quart saucepan over medium heat, heat remaining soup, water and reserved drippings to boiling, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce with meat loaf.