- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This simple salad is full of texture, earthy flavor and bright lemony taste. Serve with a chilled glass of Chardonnay to balance the acidity of the lemon and a crisp French baguette.
- 1 pound large button mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-ounce piece Parmesan
- Place the mushroom and the chopped parsley into a salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the oil and the lemon juice into a small bowl and whisk vigorously to blend. Season to taste with some salt and pepper, and continue to whisk until combined.
- Pour the lemon and oil mixture over the mushrooms and parsley, and gently toss to coat. Shave some Parmesan cheese with a vegetable peeler and place on top of the salad to garnish. Serve immediately.