- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
The earthy flavor and meaty texture of grilled Portobello mushrooms pairs wonderfully with the salty taste of feta cheese in this colorful side salad recipe.
- 8 tablespoons homemade or purchased Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare your oven broiler.
- Brush the mushrooms and squash with 4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and then place on a baking sheet. Grill the vegetables for 3 minutes on each side and then cut the mushrooms into slices once cool enough to handle.
- Place the mushrooms, squash, lettuce and red pepper into a bowl and then pour in the remaining dressing; toss to coat. Add the pine nuts, feta, a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine. Serve immediately.