- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Mushroom lovers rejoice! This delicious omelet is packed with fresh mushrooms and creamy Philadelphia cheese.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons oil or butter
- Place the eggs into a bowl and whisk until frothy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk again to blend and then set aside.
- Put 2 teaspoons of oil into a frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot and beginning to shimmer, add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Add another 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan and then pour in the beaten egg. Cook for 2-1/2 minutes until the egg has just set. Top the egg with the cream cheese and the mushrooms and then season with a bit of salt and pepper. Fold the omelet in half and then cook for an additional 2 minutes before transferring to a plate. Serve immediately.