- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 to 8 servings
If you are a fan of mulled apple cider then try this version made with pears for a change. It’s a bit lighter but just as delicious.
- 4 (22-ounce) bottles hard pear cider
- Zest of 1 medium orange, removed in large strips
- 1 (3-inch) piece ginger, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped (optional)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place the cider, orange zest, ginger, and vanilla bean into a large pot and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool and steep for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Pour the brandy and honey into mugs, top with the pear mixture and then stir to combine. Serve immediately.