- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 12
Serve Mulled Christmas Cider, either chilled or warm, with cinnamon sticks as stirrers.
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1-1/2 quarts cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 to 10 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 10 to 15 whole allspice
- 20 to 25 whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a 6 quart kettle. Bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain; discard spices. Refrigerate cider until needed.
- Reheat for serving. Serve warm or well chilled.