- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
Mozzarella Rice is great served as a buffet dish.
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Stir in all but 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Spoon into a buttered 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, parsley and Parmesan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.