- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Mozzarella pearls are small balls of fresh mozzarella cheese. Enjoy them tossed with pasta, cherry tomatoes, fennel and onion in this delicious vegetarian salad.
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces pearl mozzarella, drained
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups dried fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Sea salt and freshly grated pepper
- Cook the pasta ‘al dente’ according to package directions, drain and then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss to coat and then set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, place the vinegar, remaining olive oil, basil, mustard, garlic and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a jar. Tightly cap the jar and shake vigorously until the dressing is blended.
- Put the cooled pasta, tomatoes, fennel mozzarella and onion into a salad bowl and then add the dressing. Toss well to coat and then serve.