- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Mostaccioli in Rich Tomato Sauce is a hearty pasta dish that will be sure to please even the pickiest eater.
- 1 pound package mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1, 4 ounce can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- dash basil
- dash thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1, 28 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1, 15 1/2 ounce jar marinara sauce
- In a large skillet, combine onion, green pepper, celery, mushrooms and ground beef. Cook until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 40 minutes. Serve sauce over hot mostaccioli.