- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This is not your mother’s meatloaf recipe but a delicious and exotic blend of couscous, curry, cinnamon and raisins.
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, set the oven rack in the top third of the oven and grease a foil-lined 8x8x2-inch pan.
- Place the raisins, half of the onion, the couscous, salt, curry powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add 3/4 cup boiling water to the bowl, cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the turkey and the egg and then transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, shaping it into a log.
- Place the turkey mixture into the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, place the remaining 1/2 cup raisins, half onion, remaining cinnamon, the tomatoes, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the tomatoes split.
- Cut the meatloaf into slices and serve with the tomato sauce.