- Prep: 1 hr 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 hr
- Total: 21 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6
Perfect for tea time, Moravian Sugar Cake is tender and light.
- 1 package hot roll mix
- butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast from hot roll mix in 3/4 cup very warm water in large bowl.
- Stir half the flour from mix, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, milk, eggs and potato flakes into yeast mixture. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Add remaining flour, mixing well.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Stir dough down. Spread in a greased 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Press dough with floured finger tip to make pockets. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl. Sprinkle over dough. Drizzle with 1/2 cup butter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.