- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 16
Serve Molded Cranberry Sauce on a decorative and festive plate.
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 cups cranberries, washed and sorted
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated
- dash salt
- In a 6 quart kettle, combine sugar with 4 cups water; bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let boil uncovered 10 minutes to form a syrup.
- Add cranberries, orange peel and salt to syrup. Bring back to boiling; boil uncovered 20 minutes or until thickened and cranberries are clear and have popped.
- Pour into a 2 quart mold. Let cool at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate until well chilled at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To unmold: Loosen edge of mold with sharp knife; invert on serving plate; shake out. Refrigerate.