- Prep: 2 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 min
- Serving: 1
Mint your palate with this Cuban-inspired drink. Though it requires more than a simple pour and stir, the extra effort is worth it. For a virgin version, replace rum with a strong cold tea.
- Fresh Mint
- Juice of a large lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 Â½ ounce light rum (about 3 tablespoons)
- Club soda
- Place 2 to 3 mint leaves (or more if you love mint) into an 8 to 12 ounce glass.
- Add a pinch of sugar and use a wooden spoon or the end of its handle to crush the mint and sugar together to release the minty fragrant oils.
- If you have time, place the glass in the refrigerator for an hour or so to chill the glass or to save time, start with a chilled glass.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and fill glass with ice.
- Pour in rum and top with the club soda and gently stir.