- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 12 Servings
Delicious and moist apple cake made with Eggland's Best eggs!
- 2 large Eggland’s Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups diced apples (Granny Smith or your favorite) – approx. 2 pounds
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Natural Applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, applesauce, and diced apples. Mix in eggs and nuts.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to apple/egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with additional sugar if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour.