- Prep: 4 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Use your favorite jello flavors to make Moist and Fruity Rainbow Cake.
- 2 baked 9 inch white cake layers, cooled
- 2, 3 ounce packages any flavor gelatin (2 preferred flavors)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1, 8 ounce container whipped topping, thawed
- Place cake layers, top side up, in two clean cake pans. Prick each layer with a fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Meanwhile, dissolve each flavor gelatin separately in 1 cup of boiling water. Carefully pour one flavor gelatin over each cake layer. Chill 3 to 4 hours.
- Dip one cake layer in hot water for 10 seconds to loosen cake. Unmold onto a serving plate. Top with 1 cup whipped topping. Unmold second layer and carefully place on first layer. Frost with remaining topping. Chill.