- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
If you are short on time, purchase a jar of organic Alfredo sauce and enhance it by adding a delicious blend of lemon, cheese, tomatoes and chives.
- 1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large tomato, halved, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the jar of Alfredo sauce in a large sauce pan along with the lemon peel, lemon juice and cheese, and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the tomato, chives and a few grinds of fresh pepper and then serve immediately.