- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This classic American sandwich has been updated with the addition of lighter mayo, fresh tomato and New York Style extra-sharp cheddar cheese.
- 12 ounces canned chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 medium shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded New York style cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven boiler.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the tuna, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, hot sauce and pepper together.
- Evenly divide the tuna mixture between the 4 slices of bread and then top with the fresh tomato slices and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Put the sandwiches on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 4 minutes until cheese has melted.