- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This recipe has been taken from the famous Joy of Mixology, also known as the Bartenders Bible. Orange bitters are used to provide hints of citrus that pair well with the spice of the whiskey and the aromatic vermouth.
- 2 ounces Rye or Bourbon
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherry to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for Maraschino cherry, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Slowly stir the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the cherry and then serve immediately.