- Prep: 18 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 3 min
Keep the serving temperature warm for a deliciously gooey consistency.
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lowfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray four, 1/2 cup custard cups with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, cooled melted butter, and milk. In another bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until just combined and the flour is no longer visible. Evenly divide the batter into prepared custard cups.
- In a small bowl, combine espresso and remaining 2 tablespoons each of brown sugar and cocoa. Add boiling water and stir until all the ingredients have dissolved. Evenly pour the hot espresso mixture over batter (about 3 tablespoons per cup). Place cups on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until espresso is just absorbed and the cakes are set.
- Remove from oven and set on a rack to cool for about 15 to 30 minutes. Top each pudding cake with a spoonful of frozen yogurt and raspberries.