- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 3
Rice made up of carrot, green peas, cauliflower, potato and onions that give a real taste of mixed-vegetables.
- 2 cup Rice (thoroughly washed)
- 2 large onions (cut into small pieces)
- 1 Carrot (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup Green peas (cover removed)
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (cut into large flowerets)
- 1/2 cup potato (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 10 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 and half tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp blackpepper powder.
- 1 green chilie (about two and half inches in length)
- Take a large bowl and add 4 cups of water in it. Add the rice to it. Keep aside for half an hour.
- Take a deep saucepan and heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and bay leaves. Fry till cumin seeds begin to change the colour.
- Add onions, green chilie and fry till onions become golden brown.
- Add potato, cauliflower, carrot and green peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper powder. Mix well. and cook for a minute.
- Drain water from the rice.
- Add drained rice, four and half cups of water to the saucepan. Mix well and cover the pan.
- Cook till rice are done and serve hot.