- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
Spread Mixed Soft Fruit Jam on your toast for a refreshing wake up call.
- 10 cups diced apricots, peaches, pears or any combination
- 1/2 cup concentrated apple juice or white grape juice reduced from 1 1/3 cups
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 6 tablespoons glycerine
- dash of salt
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- Peel and chop fruit; retain any juice and include with total volume. Put fruit in a large kettle; add juice. Bring to a boil; cover, lower heat and cook until fruit is soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add pectin, glycerine, salt and lemon juice; stir well. Return to heat; bring to a full rolling boil; boil exactly one minute.
- Remove from heat. Pack into sterilized jars, seal and process in hot water bath for 30 minutes after bath returns to boiling. Cool. Check seals. Store in a cool place.