- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This mixed mushroom and fresh herb dish is extremely versatile as it can be enjoyed as a side dish, tossed with hot pasta or spooned over grilled meats and poultry as a delicious topping.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds mixed mushrooms (such as maitake, oyster, white button, or shiitake), sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mixed herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Place the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook the mixture for 12 minutes.
- Add the mixed herbs to the pan and then sprinkle the mixture with the salt and pepper. Toss well to combine and then serve immediately.