- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Serves about 8 people
If you're looking for a quick & yummy appetizer for your next get together, check out Mixed Herb Hummus Dip. Serve with fresh veggies or pita chips to satisfy your guests.
- 2, 15.5-ounce cans of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared tahini oil (look in the "international foods" aisle of the grocery)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of roughly chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, chives and dill)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, reserving about 1/4 cup of the liquid. Add the chickpeas, reserve liquid, lemon juice, olive oil and tahini to a food processor. Blend slightly. Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and herbs and process all together until smooth.