- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
A vegetarian's dream, Miso Soup is full of comforting vegetables.
- 1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 carrots, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 turnip, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- In a 2 quart saucepan cook the onion, carrot and turnip in hot oil 6 to 8 minutes or till tender but not brown. Drain off fat. Add the 2 1/2 cups water and bouillon cubes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir about 1/2 cup of the liquid into the miso. Add the miso mixture and spinach to saucepan; heat through for 1 minute. Serve immediately.