- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 48
An old family favorite.
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cream sugar, shortening, butter and peppermint thoroughly.
- Sprinkle flour onto waxed paper (do not sift). Add salt and blend well on paper.
- Mix dry ingredients into buttery mixture.
- Place 1-inch balls on cookie sheet and bake at 400F for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Stir warm water into confectioners' sugar until of icing consistency.
- Dip cookie balls first into icing, then into coconut.