- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Warmer weather means cooling down. This classic drink gets a facelift with minty freshness and a kick of ginger.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 inches peeled fresh ginger
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Club soda
- Vodka (optional)
- sugar for rimming the glass (optional)
- Lemon slices and fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh mint
- Make a sugar syrup by bring two cups of sugar and water to a simmer until the sugar dissolves and the syrup is clear through.
- Toss in three sprigs of fresh mint and the peeled fresh ginger. Let the syrup steep over low heat for ten minutes then take the mix off the heat. Strain and set aside to cool off.
- Fill each glass with ice, a few lemon slices and torn mint leaves.
- Add one part freshly squeezed lime juice, one part sugar syrup and four parts club soda.
- For an added kick, try it with one part of your choice of vodka. Stir it up, garnish with lemon slice and get to guzzling!