- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
Mint Meringue Cookies are tinted green with food coloring.
- 2 egg whites
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1, 6 ounce package mint flavored chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet first with aluminum foil then a layer of waxed paper.
- Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form; add sugar gradually beating until stiff; add chocolate chips, mint flavoring and food coloring, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Place in oven and turn off oven immediately. Leave cookies in oven for 2 hours. Don't open oven door.