- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Salsa doesn’t need to be confined to a dip bowl and served with tortilla chips. Spread this fresh and vibrant tapenade-like mixture onto chunks of fresh peasant bread, or spoon onto grilled fish or chicken.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 cup finely diced celery, 3 ribs
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted green olives, 5 ounces
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place the oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove the garlic from the pan, discard and allow the hot oil to cool to room temperature.
- Put the oil in a bowl with the celery, olives, capers and mint, and toss well to combine. Add a few pinches of fresh black pepper to taste and serve.