- Prep: 2 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Use your choice of beans for this filling vegetarian salad. Great northern, cannellini, black or navy beans work especially well.
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- 2 cans (15 ounces) beans
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped green bell peppers (about 1-1/2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 canned corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put the couscous, beans, green pepper, carrots, onion, corn and raisins into a large salad bowl.
- Place the mint, parsley, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and cinnamon into a separate bowl, and whisk vigorously until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dressing over the couscous mixture and toss gently to combine. Cover the salad and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours prior to serving.